Saturday 14 February 2015

Valentine's Day Make-Up Ideas

My latest Valentine's make-up tutorial has inspired me to post about a few different looks I have done either on Valentine's Day in previous years or it just has pink in them and I wanted to share as a Valentine's make-up inspiration. It is a good way to see how much my make-up has improved and to look back on which products I enjoyed using. 

Valentine's Day 2008
Seven years later and I am still doing this cheesy posing. I more than likely took a rose from my mum's bunch to take this picture to make it look extra Valentinesy. I remember the lip was Max Factor's lipfinity in Hot and I was obsessed with this since buying it the previous month at WalMart. I don't remember the eye products but clearly liner was not my forte back then. 
Valentine's Day 2008
Valentine's Day 2008
Valentine's Day 2012
A big four year jump and I'm having an affair with over-editing. Was feeling grungey and feliney but at the same time I wanted to add some romance into the look with all the beads and single inner corner hearts ( which came from a nail art wheel by the way). I belive I used the Urban Decay Naked palette and lips were MAC's So Chaud.
Valentine's Day 2012
Valentine's Day 2012
Valentine's Day 2014
I did write a post about this look last year so all products are listed including cheek and lips. Still loving the single hearts, this time on the outer corners and was inspired by the abundance of Elsa make-up tutorials that were emerging at this time. Kept the entire look very soft, romantic, hazy and pink. Without looking tat the post and off the top of my head, I believe I used the Sleek vintage romance palette for the eyes and Tanya Burr's First Date lipgloss on the lips. 
Valentine's Day 2014
Valentine's Day 2014
Valentine's Day 2014
Valentine's Day 2015
So this Valentine's Day I wanted my make-up to be simple yet striking so I opted for a 'lips and lashes' look. I chose some paper lashes in the shape of roses and teamed them with MAC's Lady Danger lipstick - an orange based red. The rest of the eyes were kept neutral with Make-Up Revolution's Iconic Dreams eyeshadow palette and 2True black liquid liner. 
Valentine's Day 2015
Valentine's Day 2015
Valentine's Day 2015
Valentine's Day 2015
Valentine's Day 2015
Valentine's Make-Up Tutorials

Valentine’s Day Date Night Pink/Rose Gold Make-Up
So lately I bought myself a new camera and the quality of my video content is much better visually and audibly. I had filmed a few looks back in 2014 which I never got round to editing and uploading so sped them and rehashed them as Valentine's Day make-up tutorials. This is the first one which you can watch by clicking here. All products are listed in the video's description box, however I did use the Make-Up Revolution Iconic 3, the dupe for Naked 3 to create this look. 
Valentine’s Day Date Night Pink/Rose Gold Make-Up
Valentine’s Day Date Night Pink/Rose Gold Make-Up


Anti-Valentine's Day Electric Pink & Purple Make-Up
The second speed tutorial and lazy girl's answer to a make-up video is my version of an anti-Valentine's look but still has the pink which you could substitute for red. It is colorful smokey eye and nude lips which you can watch right here. A product list is available in the description ox but I did use the Urban Decay Electric palette for the eyes and a lip tint from Make-Up Academy in Rendezvous. 
Anti-Valentine's Day Electric Pink & Purple Make-Up
Anti-Valentine's Day Electric Pink & Purple Make-Up


Valentine's Glam Make Up Smokey Winged Liner & Pink Lips (Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar 2) 
Oh wow! If you have watched this then you know I love to gratuitously pose and look at myself CONSTANTLY when I am loving the make-up I am wearing. I am the Queen of the Selfies and I hope I never change.  This was an idea inspired by Manny MUA whose video on smokey winged liner blew my mind so much that I had to re-create it with a pink glitter Valentine's twist. It is slightly drag but glamorous enough for your Valentine's date night. You can watch it by clicking here. No doubt most of the views have come from me refreshing it so I can see that transformation. I can't help myself. Of course I used the Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocllate Bar 2 palette, Lorac's 3d liquid lustre in Rose Quartz and Tanya Burr's lipgloss in Sparkling Dewdrops. The rest of the products are listed in the description box of the video. 
Valentine's Glam Make Up Smokey Winged Liner & Pink Lips (Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar 2) 
Valentine's Glam Make Up Smokey Winged Liner & Pink Lips (Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar 2) 


No comments:

Post a Comment