Wednesday 7 October 2015

First Impressions & Review: Mehron Celebré HD Pro Foundation

Mehron Celebré HD Pro Foundation
Catapulted into social media by celebrity make-up artist Hrush Achemyan (Kylie Jenner's personal MUA), this foundation has found insta-fame and is  now coveted by beauty bloggers and make-up lovers all over the globe. It is the Mehron Celebré HD Pro and is now garnering cult status for being known as Kylie Jenner's foundation to help her look like a bombshell
Mehron Celebré HD Pro Foundation
I recently purchased this foundation from eBay for £9.40 but it is also available from Amazon. It is a theatre and stage make-up foundation which suitable for HD cameras. In this video, I demonstrate how I apply it with a double angled buffing brush. I also give my first impressions and overall review on this product. 
Note that in my video I mentioned that there was a palette of 20 shades and 16 single pots - there are actually 38 shades to choose from on the Mehron website

Claims from the brand:
Mehron, the extreme beauty leader, is proud to introduce Celebré PRO-HD Makeup Foundation. This latest innovative product is the result of collaborative efforts by the chemists in Mehron’s product development lab along with input from a select group of highly acclaimed makeup artists. Celebré PRO-HD Makeup Foundation is an oil-free and fragrance-free cream makeup that delivers satin-smooth, buildable coverage that is non-greasy and great for all skin types. Our experienced chemists formulatedCelebré PRO-HD to be buildable to suit the amount of coverage needed. It contains powerful antioxidants such as vitamin E, pomegranate and aloe vera that help soothe the skin.

Renowned industry makeup artists worked with the experts at Mehron to create an impressive array of colors to accommodate all skin tones. The results of their efforts is a perfect range of colors that will be sold individually for consumers or in a 20 color palette for professional makeup artists. From fashion runways and HD-TV to everyday wear, Celebré Pro-HD
 works for every occasion and on all skin types and colors. 

My review:
The shade range is overwhelming! I am delighted to see an affordable foundation with so many colors available - there really is something for everyone. The one I chose was Light 1 and it matched my neck perfectly. I am not used to foundations matching me that well and it was shocking to see how pale I really am! 

The packaging is pretty basic but I shouldn't really complain as the price was incredibly low. The product is encased in a cylindrical black plastic case. The lip is a clear screw-top so you can easily see your shade making it travel friendly.I don't know how hygienic this would be for professional make-up artists, however using a spatula to decant the foundation would probably be the safest method. 

This foundation glides on the skin and gives a satin finish and perfect for those who neither want a dewy nor a matte finish. It is surprising creamy and smooth despite it being an oil free formula. It contains aloe vera and vitamin amongst pother soothing ingredients so hey can be accredited to how emollient and smoothing it is upon application. A powder is highly recommended after applying this foundation in order to keep it from moving around too much during the day. 

It covers up imperfections and discolouration exceptionally well. With one layer, it is a medium coverage which can even out skin tone. Building up a second a layer offers a flawless base and can conceal even the most stubborn blemishes. It is buildable and any more than one layer will give a high coverage. Of course with maximum coverage foundations, the product is detectable on the skin, so for those who want sheer, natural coverage, perhaps give this foundation a miss. However, you could always make this foundation lighter by mixing it with an oil or your moisturiser for fresher, more youthful appearance. I applied my foundation in with a buffing brush so if you need more coverage, switch to a flat artist brush. 

My skin is dry/combination and I can get a little oilier throughout my T-zone. I noticed that it sat in my pores, making them more visible. Potentially this could have been because of the formulation lacking oil. I imagine that it may not suit the driest of skins types but I could see oiler skins loving this , should they not have open pores! However, for a foundation that is inexpensive, dry skins could give this a go as my entire face did not hate this product as it did not cling to my dry patches. 

Would I wear this again? Yes, but only for photography and video purposes. This foundation is not one I would wear on a daily basis unless I knew my photo was being taken that day. It photographs beautifully so this one is a must for bloggers and vloggers who are in front of  a camera everyday. I would also recommend this for professional make-up artists as a you never know when you would need a high coverage foundation like this that has the potential to blend well onto a variety of skin tones and textures. 

At a glance: 
  • Buildable
  • Medium - high coverage
  • Creamy and emollient
  • Satin finish
  • Easy to apply
  • HD ready
  • Inexpensive
  • Available on-line
  • Photographs beautifully
  • Exceptional colour range
  • Soothing ingredients
  • Great for the everyday woman with the packaging
  • Also great for the profession MUA with the palette format
  • Hard to find a match on-line
  • Not as readily available in stores
  • That little issue around the nose/open pores
Great foundation to try out. Well worth he price! Doing a review like this has helped me see the many positive aspects to this foundation. Normally if I had tried the foundation I would have judged it on how it performed around my nose but it is definitely worth another try, especially on camera! 

Hope this review was helpful. Let me know if I made you buy it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment