Friday 11 April 2014

Smoky Bridal Make-Up Using Urban Decay Naked 3

In exactly four weeks I will be married to the most handsome man in my world, my best friend Colm. Unusually for brides-to-be, I have adopted a calm attitude towards every aspect of this intimate day, leaving the organising and decisions up to my beautiful mum. One area where I cannot decide on is want to do with my make-up. I fluctuate between wanting a romantic and soft vintage face and wanting a vibrant summer drag queen face. A make-up must for the day is glitter eye make-up and honey pink lips. A while ago I created this look, an understated look for me as I think it needs an eyeliner flick and even more glitter. 
As usual, it took a mountain of products in order to create this look. Read on to the end of this post for a full list of products. 
I created a multi-textured effect using the darker matte shades from the Naked 3 on the lid and crease. As an eyebrow highlight I mixed Vanilla pigment with Strange eyeshadow. I added definition to the lash line with a matte brown gel liner. In the centre of the lid I applied a pinky bronze glitter. For my inner corner highlight I applied a silver pink glitter. To prevent the eyes from looking tired I applied a flesh toned pencil to the waterline before adding false lashes. 
I kept the lips relatively simple and started off with a pale pink lip liner. I deepened the colour with a matte pink lipstick before topping off with a pink nude gloss. 
For complexion I used some of my favourite products in order to create a sheer foundation base, sculpted cheekbones and a peach cheek colour. 
My ambivalence also stretches to what I want for my nails on our wedding day - pink or rainbow? Rainbow or pink? For this particular look, I teamed the make-up with a high shine pink polish. 

Product breakdown:
Eyes
Maybelline 'Tough As Taupe' / 'Permanent Taupe'colour tattoo. £4.99
Urban Decay 'Naked 3' palette
Inglot '89' AMC matte gel eyeliner. £10
MAC 'NW25/NC30' chromographic pencil. £14
W7 'Pink'space debris. £4.95
Lit Cosmetics 'Oprah' S2 glitter. $13
Lit Cosmetics 'Clearly Liquid' glitter base. $23
Lumiere eyelashes. £3.99 for pack of 5.
Duo 'Clear' adhesive. £3.45
Eyebrows
Sleek 'Dark' brow kit. £8.49
Maybelline 'Tough As Taupe' / 'Permanent Taupe' colour tattoo. £4.99
Maybelline 'Medium Brown' brow drama. £4.99
Lips
Sleek 'Red Sky Night' eau la la liner. £4.99
Make-Up Academy 'Pouty Pink' matte lipstick. £1
Collection 2000 lip gloss (discontinued). 
Complexion
Chanel 'Beige Pastel' vitalumiere aqua £33
Sleek 'Lace' blush by 3 palette. £9.99
Illamasqua 'Rude' cream blush. £21.50
Bourjois 'Fair/Medium' delice de soleil bronzing powder. £8.99
MeMeMe 'Pearl Pink' beat the blues highlighter. £5.50
MAC 'Vanilla' pigment. £17
Brushes
Selection of brushes from Real Techniques and Crown Brush
Nails
Barry M 'Dragon Fruit' Gelly Shine nail paint. £3.99

No comments:

Post a Comment