Friday 28 November 2014

Durango Pin-Up Western Boots

Do you ever look at an online shop and think, 'I'll have one of each.' For me, Durango Boots who specialize in Western style boots, is that shop. I have been wearing cowboy boots since my late teens and my style has yet to change. Classic and timeless, cowboy boots are a trend statement that has weaved in and out fashion for many years. Madonna's Don't Tell Me video and corresponding Music album made me want to be a Tennessean country girl.
Durango Pin-Up Western Boots
At that time, checked shirts, fringed accessories, dirty denims, rhinestone encrusted buckles, stetsons, silver toe & heel tips and chaps were popular among my peers and I have worn all but the latter ever since. Now with television shows such as Nashville and radio stations such as Cat Country 107.3, my appreciation for the charming desperado has skyrocketed -  in both my fashion and music tastes. 
Durango Pin-Up Western Boots
One of my favorite things to do on holiday is search for cowboy boots in the flea market and bring home a new pair to add to my collection. The more threadbare they look, the more I love them. In fact, if I could have worn them on my wedding day, I would have but my husband would not have been impressed as I'd have coaxed him into wearing a matching pair (although we did wear contrasting Converse instead). Durango has filled in the gap for times I missed my beloved Florida flea markets. Last year I was gifted their Crush by Durango Women's Pin-Up  Western Boot from my mum and dad and instantly fell head over with these two and a quarter inch heels. Light brown in color and with the ultimate sassy pin-up girl carrying poker cards, two six-shooters and the caption, 'Ante Up Boys,' depicted on the sides, these boots were made for me!
Durango Pin-Up Western Boots
As I soon as I saw them, I was reminded of a cream pair I had when I was eighteen - they too had a female image but they also had spurs. If only I kept them. My preferences are clearly at a standstill as my Durango boots are a twist on the vintage Western pin-up girl that I have admired for so long. Inspired by historical nose art on WWII airplanes and 1940s/1950s pin-up posters, these boots are visually striking.  These pointed toe, distressed leather boots measure at twelve inches long and are also available in a dark brown color. Comfortable, durable, supportive and stunning, what more could you want in a cowboy boot? Durango has combined my adoration for rural outlaw style with the attitude of a classic beauty queen. Now all I need is a coonskin cap and a pair of alligator head boots and I'll be the ultimate swamp frontier-woman - it's all about the simple things in life. 
Durango Pin-Up Western Boots
RRP £111.18/$164.99. If ordering from outside America, keep in mind to place your order according to your US/Canada shoe size. Conversion charts can be found by a simple web search. Also available in a Gambler Pin-Up

No comments:

Post a Comment